As a new month dawns, so does a new blog challenge. I discovered this fifteen day challenge on the blog Life of Love and decided that after a month writing about mental illness, a little variety was in order.
The first prompt asks: list 15 facts about yourself. Most people would probably consider this rather simple, but considering I have already written 101 facts about me and 12 more facts about me, coming up with fifteen brand spanking new ones may prove a tad difficult!
But, as always, I will give it my best shot!
01. Last week, I was knocked off my bike by a swooping magpie!
02. My obsession with wooden objects (probably) borders on being a fetish.
03. One of my strongest memories of childhood is playing snooker with my father during football match half-times.
04. If I watch one season of a television series, I feel obliged to watch every season of that show.
05. Courtesy of it being the only film played during a six-day train journey, I know every line of Galaxy Quest.
06. The only song I sing in the shower is Madonna’s Hanky Panky.
07. I once accidentally groped an Australian singer-songwriter at the Port Fairy Folk Festival.
Note: I shall leave her nameless as my father would probably be incredibly jealous of this fact! :p
08. Back in the days before insomnia, I would have “serialised” dreams over several nights. They were awesome!
09. I used to play in charity netball matches at school; and seriously rocked the skirt we had to wear!
10. Perhaps as a result of those netball matches, if I could wear a kilt every day, I would.
11. My favourite Christopher Brookmyre novel is A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil.
12. One of my guilty pleasures is the Rick Moranis starring Honey I Shrunk the Kids trilogy.
13. People always look at me weirdly when I tell them I read (and enjoy) feminist literature.
14. I point-blank refused to eat pizza until someone forced me to eat a slice when I was twenty-one.
15. One of my dreams in life is to be the host of a pub trivia quiz.