Congratulations, you have found the incredibly well hidden easter egg! Here, you can thrill at my ever-growing collection of inspiring and thought provoking articles on a variety of topics.
Mental Health (Serious)
- The Undiagnosable (via Daily Life)
- Men are suffering a depression epidemic too…and some of it is caused by women (via The Daily Mail)
- Bipolar disorder and creativity are linked (but not by some mad genius) (via The Conversation)
- Hearing voices need not mean you’re crazy, says activist (via The Star)
Mental Health (Oddities)
- A Good Caning takes Some Beating (via The Age)
This is for all you depressed masochists out there – you see you have it right! Why are we all taking medications when this cure has so fewer side-effects?
- Beating addiction out of you – literally (via The Siberian Times)
Another article further examining how copororal punishment can be effective in treating depression, anxiety and addiction. My post on the subject can be read here.
- Got the Blues? Try a cold shower (via Discovery News)
I completely understand the benefits of a hot shower. I also understand the benefits of a cold shower. I am however a little hesitant as to how one can “prevent” depression…but still!
- Alien Soul Theory is no Cure for Depression (via The Telegraph)
All hail scientology and their obscure theories! Personally, I think opt for the cure posted above than this bizarreness!
- Facebook is a Mental Health Threat! We must ban it! (via The Telegraph)
In this delightful story learn how a Brussels MEP has some unresolved issues from his school years and thus thinks Facebook is a mental health risk. Does this mean they’re gonna ban it under the Lisbon Treaty?
- For victims of abuse, revenge is often best served online (via The Conversation)
- It’s social housing – so why are the needy locked out? (via The Independent)
- Caught in a longterm cycle: homelessness in Australia (via The Conversation)
- Why do geeks like kinky sex? (via io9.com)
- Female writers write only chick lit (via The Age)
- Spank me silly: sadomasochism and the modern woman (via The Conversation)
- 50 Shades of Grey (Matter): How science is defying BDSM stereotypes (via Huffington Post)
- Beast international: does rock music rouse the animal within? (via The Conversation)
- Longer lives, better jobs and 13 other reasons you need friends (via iVillage)
- Explainer: What is forgetting? (via The Conversation)