You’d think this would be an easy post to write. Of all the topics I’ve covered – mental health, gender discrimination, abuse, rape, homelessness, sadomasochism, current affairs, isolation – you’d have thought writing twelve measly facts about me would be a piece of the proverbial urine.
However, given I only recently wrote 100 facts about me, trying to come up with twelve new ones is much harder than I’d thought. I do after all live alone, have no friends, no life and in the five years I’ve been writing about my pointless* existence have pretty much covered everything.
So…for the fourteenth attempt today…let’s see if I can come up with twelve new interesting facts:
01. I was the editor of my school’s newspaper.
02. I once saved a baby possum from being attacked by an angry crow.
03. On one occasion I predicted my girlfriend would get her period because of how she tasted. She thought I was insane as her period wasn’t due for weeks and hated admitting I was right the following morning.
04. I’ve never understood why Australians have never embraced Prawn Cocktail crisps.
05. At various points in my life I’ve been told I look like John Lennon, Jesus, Kevin Rudd and Kurt Cobain.
06. I have suffered black outs since July 2007; the longest being several weeks, the last earlier this year.
07. Currently, I can only focus on any one thing for a maximum of one minute before the voices begin. Given I’ve been trying to write this post for seventy-two minutes, things are getting a bit noisy!
08. It is becoming harder and harder to control my triggers. Even the smallest things are setting me off nowadays!
09. I physically, mentally and emotionally cannot remember what it is like to be hugged.
10. I don’t know how much longer I can take being alone. Four and a half years is long enough, isn’t it?
11. When I look at old photos of myself I immediately start crying because I can’t imagine ever being that happy again.
12. I love honeydew melons.
*: as you can see, my self-esteem posts are working a treat! It may not look like it, but I really am trying :)
Tomorrow: 11 Things in my room…