Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Today’s Teaser Tuesday comes from the Pulitzer Prize-Winning author Susan Faludi. After striking a chord with millions of readers around the world with her book Backlash, Faludi breaks new ground in this timely and eye-opening book, as she turns her attention to men.
Anyone can play along with Teaser Tuesdays! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
“The very paradigm of modern masculinity – that is all about being the master of your universe – prevents men from thinking their way out of their dilemma, from taking active political steps to resolve their crisis. If they are the makers of history, not the subjects of historical forces, then how can they rise up?”
from Stiffed: The Betrayal of the Modern man by Susan Faludi
- Teaser Tuesday (timeforreading.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesdays – Beloved (nishitak.com)
- Teaser Tuesday 2 (timeforreading.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday – Week 74 (birthofanewwitch.wordpress.com)