Excellent article on C-PTSD. Should be required reading for all! :)
I wrote a few articles for a site that offers support to people with personality disorders quite awhile ago. I decided to share the information about C-PTSD in here as well. :)
What is C-PTSD?
Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) results from chronic or long-term exposure to emotional trauma over which a victim has little or no control and from which there is little or no hope of escape, such as in cases of:
- domestic emotional, physical or sexual abuse
- childhood emotional, physical or sexual abuse
- entrapment or kidnapping.
- slavery or enforced labour.
- long term imprisonment and torture
- repeated violations of personal boundaries.
- exposure to gaslighting or false accusations.
- long-term taking care of mentally ill or chronically sick family members.
- long term exposure to crisis conditions.
When someone has been trapped in a situation and had little or no control at any point, they can carry an intense sense…
View original post 1,037 more words