It’s been a while since my blog was nominated for an award, so I can only thank Brighton Bipolar from the bottom of my heart for bestowing upon me the Sunshine Blogger Award. It is heartening to know that my words are read and enjoyed by people other than me. Inspiring and entertaining others is, after all, why I dedicate my time to write about such complicated and necessary topics.
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award, and write them 11 new questions
My questions from Brighton Bipolar:
1. What’s your most treasured possession?
My external hard drive. It contains a plethora of music, photographs and personal information. I would be devastated to lose it.
2. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
I would be a wombat. Because wombats are cool! They’re cute, they’re furry and they’re built like little tanks, able to bound through any obstacle in their path.
3. What was the last book you read?
Smokeheads by Doug Johnstone. An addictive ride through the Highlands of Scotland featuring psychotic cops, illegal whisky distilling and love.
4. When was the last time you cried, and why?
I cried last Saturday. I became overwhelmed with nostalgia and melancholy and couldn’t resist a cleansing weeping.
5. If you wrote a book about your life, what would it be called?
All that I am, All that I ever was. I know it’s the title of my blog, but it would also be the title of my autobiography, as it suits what I would write about.
6. If you were a superhero, what would your super power be?
Invisibility; it would be interesting to roam around, casually helping people without them knowing I was there.
7. What’s your favourite ice-cream flavour?
Mint. I love mint flavoured ice cream with a fiery, intense passion.
8. Do you remember your dreams, and if so, are they in black and white or colour?
I don’t always remember my dreams, but when I do, they are in absolute rainbow tinted technicolour.
9. What would you say is your best quality?
My determination to be there for people when I’m needed. I have failed in this endeavor in the past, but we all make mistakes.
10. If it were possible to live for hundreds of years, would you and why?
No. Life is complicated, painful and altogether depressing. Why would you want to extend the agony?
11. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Yes. When I know something that other people want kept secret, I will take that information to the grave.
The eleven blogs I nominate are:
- Panic Disordered
- Blahpolar Diaries
- Borderline Functional
- Many of Us
- Marci, Mental Health and More
- Strong Enough to Break
- Rose with Thorns
- Dearest Someone…
- Summer Solstice Musings
- Resurfacing and Rewriting
- Heather’s Helpers
And the eleven questions for my nominated blogs:
1. If you could have a pet dragon, what would you name him/her?
2. What is you favourite book of all time?
3. If a movie was made about your life, who would play your love interest?
4. What country would you most like to visit? And why?
5. What are three things that fill you with happiness?
6. What is something that no-one else knows about you?
7. How do you think mental health services could be improved in your country?
8. Chocolate or Ice-cream?
9. What is one of your favourite quotes?
10. What is your happiest memory?
11. Why do you blog?