Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. It’s been quite some time since I last ventured into the realm of Sunday Stealing, but I thought now was a good time to throw myself back into this wacky and random world. Enjoy!
1. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?
I would write “God” on a white sticker and adhere it to my chest, thus saving a fortune on costume rental and paying homage to Buffy the Vampire Slayer all at the same time.
2. What are your choice of toppings on a hamburger?
I rarely if ever eat red meat, but on the extremely rare occasions that I do, my hamburger would be topped with a fried egg, lettuce and cheddar cheese. And I would absolutely not, under any circumstances, have beetroot on my burger because beetroot is, quite honestly, disgusting.
3. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
If I were to have lunch with the American President, I would ask him what his plans are for when he’s no longer in office? Is he going to wile away the hours playing Xbox or do something more productive with his time? But if I were to have lunch with the Australian Prime Minister I would ask him why, as minister for women, does he hate women? Which he clearly does!
4. It’s your first day of vacation, what are you doing?
My first day of any vacation is spent exploring the location I have chosen for my vacation. I will arm myself with a camera and nonchalantly stroll around the city – or countryside – taking random photos of buildings, landscapes and people. I will acclimatize myself with the geography of the area and do whatever it takes to feel ‘at one’ with my vacation spot. Sometimes I will visit the local museum or art gallery, to get a feel for local culture, and I will always purchase a book that was written by an author of the location I’ve chosen for my holiday. That’s just the way it is.
5. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
I abhor anyone who spends the entire duration of a movie gorging themselves on candified food products, so will never, under any circumstances, purchase food to eat during a movie. If I did, I would be a hypocrite, and that is one thing I am not.
6. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?
My Gmail account works wonders in keeping spam email at bay, but pop-up ads annoy the bejesus out of me whenever they appear.
7. What do you think Captain Hook’s name was before he had a hook for a hand?
I think his name was Captain Jonathan Magnus Hook; which is ironic, considering what was going to befall his hand.
8. Rock, paper, or scissors?
Rock. Just because.
9. Let’s say a brick fell on your foot, and your kid is standing right next to you, what is your ‘cleaned up’ swear word?
I don’t have any children, so I would happily swear like a sailor if a brick was to fall on my foot, but on the hypothetical circumstance that I did have children my cleaned up swear word would be: fooglestumps, because it’s a word that doesn’t actually exist so could, theoretically, be the ultimate swear word.
10. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
Easily a place that is too loud. My social anxiety causes me to hate noise with an absolute passion. Sometimes my neighbour plays music so loudly that I can hear every note, every beat and every lyric as if I were standing next to the speaker and it drives me completely bonkers. Similarly, if I’m trapped in a location populated by loud-talking individuals, my anxiety levels will go through the roof. So a quiet place is easily preferable for me. Plus, can a place really be too quiet, I think not!
11. What is one quality that you really appreciate in a person?
12. At the good old general store, what particular kind of candy would you expect to be in the big jar at the counter?
Kola Kubes; because they were a particular favourite of mine as a child and I miss them dearly.
13. What is the most distinguishing landmark in your city?
A water tower. It’s pretty nondescript and unremarkable. Although it’s no longer used as a water tower, these days it houses a shoe repair shop, but it is what it is.
14. Everyone hears discussions that they consider boring. What topic can put you to sleep quicker than any other?
Anything that revolves around Kim Kardashian puts me to sleep. In fact, anything that revolves around the lives of so-called “celebrities”, bores me to absolute tears.
15. How many times did it take you to pass your drivers test?
I have never passed my drivers test, but I did take it twice when I was younger, and should have passed on the second attempt but my examiner was a complete tosser and failed me for no discernible reason.
16. If you had to have the same topping on your vanilla ice cream for the rest of your life, what topping would you choose?
I tend not to have topping on my ice-cream, so I’m not sure what I would choose. Crushed biscuit perhaps, for a bit of texture.
17. What food item would need to be removed from the market altogether in order for you to live a healthier, longer life?
Potatoes. I am obsessed with them.
18. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second?
I am bipolar, so of course I would risk the second envelope, I wouldn’t be able to stop myself!
19. If you had to choose, which would you give up: cable TV, or DSL/cable internet?
I have neither, so you can’t miss what you don’t have.
20. What is your highest level of education?
My highest level of education is a certificate course, which would be TAFE for Australians and god-knows-what for Americans. Hopefully this will change, however, as I am considering venturing off to university later in the year.
21. How much is a gallon of gas in your city? What was the highest it’s been?
I don’t drive, so to be honest, have no real idea. Why retain information that you have no use for?
22. What kind of lunch box did you have as a kid?
I honestly don’t remember, but knowing me, it was an Indiana Jones themed lunchbox because Indiana Jones is completely awesome!
23. What would you rather have, a nanny, a housekeeper, a cook, or a chauffeur?
From those options, it would be housekeeper. When I’m in a depressive episode (which I’m currently in) housework is the last thing I want to be spending my life doing, so having someone keep the place spick and span would be quite wonderful. And may actually improve my mood!
24. Would you rather be trapped in an elevator, or stuck in traffic?
I hate elevators. And I mean hate with a fiery intense passion. I will do whatever I can to never venture into one, even if that means taking several hundred flights of stairs, so being trapped in one would be one of my worst ever nightmares!