The second day of the 10 Day Blogging Challenge asks an old favourite: nine things about yourself!
1. Ever since I was a teenager I’ve held a secret wish that one day I would invent a time machine that would allow me to replicate the adventures of Sam Beckett; quantum leaping through space and time putting right what once went wrong. Only recently have I begun to realise that it’s unlikely I’ll ever achieve this dream!
2. I’ve recently been given permission from my landlord to own a cat. Even though I have yet to acquire one, I have already decided her name shall be Midna, in homage to the great Legend of Zelda video game character! :)
3. In two weeks I will realise a life-long dream; when, during a week-long camp for participants of the mental health organisation I frequent, I will deliver a brain-busting trivia quiz to all assembled.
4. My least favourite word of all time is ‘panties’. Ick. It makes my skin crawl just typing it!
5. My second favourite word of all time is ‘discombobulated’, because saying it makes me smile! :)
6. I’ve recently had my medication changed, as such my support worker and GP are on high alert in case I begin to suffer from any paranoia, delusions or psychosis in the interim period. So far, I’ve experienced only paranoia.
7. Sometimes I miss sleeping in the tent I slept in during the last months of my homelessness. So much so that I’m looking forward to sleeping in it again when I embark on the aforementioned MH camp in a couple of weeks.
8. To this day, I regret not attending the free Runrig concert that was held on 31st December 1999 in Inverness, for I fear it will be the only opportunity in my life to hear this band perform live.
9. My favourite painting of all time is Frederick McCubbin’s The Pioneer (1904).
Including this post, over the course of this blog I have managed to come up with 137 facts about me…surely that has to be some sort of record? If you missed any of the other facts, you can catch up on them here: