Books have been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember. In fact, my earliest memory is of walking to the library all on my lonesome when I was but a wee young thing, so when I saw this post on Pride in Madness I knew I would have to join in.
RULES: In your status update, list 10 books/stories that have had an impact on your life. Don’t take too long on this list – just a few minutes. These don’t have to be acclaimed works or your all-time favourites, just ones that mean something to you personally. Then tag 5 or more of your friends, including me so I can see your list.
01. Quest for a Kelpie (Frances Hendry)
02. Thirteen Reasons Why (Jay Asher)
03. The Hotel New Hampshire (John Irving)
04. Northern Lights: A Poet’s Sources (George Mackay Brown)
05. Memory and Dream (Charles de Lint)
06. Thongs (Alexander Trocchi)
07. Matilda (Roald Dahl)
08. Still Life With Woodpecker (Tom Robbins)
09. The Famous Five (Enid Blyton)
10. The Crow Road (Iain Banks)
I won’t tag people as the rules suggest, instead I shall leave it up to you to decide whether you’d like to join in! :)
You may also enjoy:
- My Life in Books, in which I choose one book for each year of my life that means something special to me