Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along with Teaser Tuesdays! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• Be careful not to include spoilers!
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I first read this book in late 2009. At the time, I was both homeless and suicidal. What was left of my life meant nothing, my days were just an endless cycle of pain, survival, dreaming of death, pain, survival, dreaming of death. Fortunately, I was able to fight through my urges and survive to write this post today, but many are not so lucky.
Every year in Australia, suicide claims the lives of over 2000 people; most of whom could have been saved.
This beautifully written book refuses to bow down to the taboo of suicide. It is a book that handles this most painful of topics with compassion, empathy and strength. It is a book that explores the conscious (and sub-conscious) indicators most people who are considering suicide reveal to the world around them; indicators that, should people be more aware of them, could save lives.
This World Suicide Prevention Day, why not choose to read a book that could one day save a life?
- Suicide Prevention and Awareness Day (confessionsofafatgirl.net)
- National Suicide Prevention Week 2013 (ohhaiiitsbrandii.wordpress.com)
- Suicide Prevention (empatheticactivist.wordpress.com)
- Suicide education event Tuesday (yakimaherald.com)
- National Suicide Prevention Week (imperfectionismybeauty.com)