Every Saturday there will be nine questions – sometimes they will be around a common theme, other times completely random – to be answered however we like. Given my MIA status of late, this is my first Saturday 9 for quite some time and I’m quite heartened to know that it’s still around, I’ve rather missed doing it each week! :)
1) This song is about a heartbreaker who just can’t commit. Have you ever fallen for an “easy lover?”
Nope, I don’t think I ever have.
2) This song is one of Crazy Sam’s “earwigs.” Each time she hears it, it bores in and stays in her head forever! (Hear it here, if you dare!) Do you have a song like that?
There are a few I can think of. …Hit me baby one more time (Britney Spears) would be one, Harder to Breathe (Maroon Five) would be another…but the one that always gets me is:
3) Both Phil Collins and Philip Bailey* have stars on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. Have you ever visited Hollywood?
I have not. In fact, I am the only one of my siblings/parents who has never stepped foot on US soil. This is something that does annoy me somewhat – considering I was the first travelling Lake – and hope to rectify at some point in the future.
4) Hollywood is the movie capital of the world. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Unfortunately, this final film in their ‘Cornetto Trilogy’ was more goodness than greatness but is still one I would recommend to fans of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
5) Phil Collins was a child actor in his native England, appearing onstage in musicals like Oliver! Can you think of another child performer who went on to entertainment industry success as an adult?
6) Philip Bailey joined Earth, Wind & Fire while still in college, so he’s been a performer throughout his working life, as well. Have you ever been tempted to try your hand at show biz?
I have, many times, been tempted to try my hand at show business. But alas, I am neither talented nor hot-enough to be part of this elite group.
7) Is there a profession that you never, under any circumstances, want to try?
I genuinely never – ever – want to have anything to do with Politics. I cannot think of anything more boring and meaningless; especially when it comes to Australian Politics.
8) What are you looking forward to right now?
The couscous I am about to cook for dinner. After years of being couscous free I was tempted to purchase a packet of it a few weeks ago due to a combination of a conversation during one of my support groups and a supermarket special. Now that I’ve been reminded of how awesome it is, there’s been no looking back!
But aside from this, it would be my planned trip to Melbourne in November for the Hearing Voices World Congress -slash- fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Who -slash- cross item one off my bucket list -slash- seek closure from homelessness quadruple header! :p
9) Do you suffer from trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections)? Or can you bravely donate blood or get a shot, without freaking out?
Oh hell yes I do! I actually had a conversation about this not so long ago due to a swath of blood tests I had to undergo to find out what’s wrong with me. The conversation was predominantly about the needles involved, but also touched on the why is it I can self-harm without a second thought but freak out whenever a needle needs to break my skin conundrum?
I think it may have something to do with release and/or control, but I’d actually be interested if any other self-harmers experience such high levels of trypanophobia and why they think it is.