Welcome back to Sunday Stealing. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes.
Today we ripped off a blogger named Avery 11 from the her blog. She states she grabbed it from Nakeisha. But it was probably stolen there as well. So, tracing back the thefts of those that we steal from could take a while. So, of course, that will be as far as we go.
1. On average, how long does it take you to get ready for work/school/a day or night out?
My social anxiety is a temperamental beast that controls all I think, do and feel, so how long it would take to ready myself would depend entirely on where I was going, what I was going to do and how voracious my beast was feeling at that particular time.
As a general rule, to ready for a social group would take a few hours; for a social group involving a trigger, a few days. For a night out with friends, a couple of days; whilst a night out with strangers would take at least a week of preparation.
Emails can take hours, days or even weeks, depending on the intimacy or content; ditto for website/blog comments.
Basically, I think it’s a fair assumption that my life is not like other people’s! :/
Note: the above refers to mental/emotional preparation; showering/shaving/dressing would take about 16 and a 1/2 minutes!
2. If you could ask your favorite author one question about the book(s) they wrote, what would it be?
Where did you get the inspiration for Jeannie Main? Thirty odd years since I first read that book and she’s still one of the greatest female characters of all time.
3. What do you think is the hardest thing about growing up?
Being bullied/abused. ‘Nuff said! :p
4. Who would you rather switch places with for a day: your favorite celebrity, or your favorite fictional character?
5. Who would you rather have point out a flaw that you weren’t aware you had: a close personal friend, or a total stranger?
A close personal friend.
Just out of curiosity, what would possess you to point out a flaw to a total stranger? Seriously, manners people!
6. Do you get jealous easily? If so, what sorts of qualities or characteristics in other people are you most likely to be jealous of?
I am jealous of people who are able to talk to other people without fear, vomit or panic attack.
I am also jealous of people who have experienced things I’ve wanted to experience, people with sexy bottoms, people with awesome fight skills and people who can ask for help.
Seriously. How do you ask for help? How?
7. Which version of yourself would you rather have a conversation with: the one from ten years ago, or the one you turn into ten years from now?
Given I would probably give the me from ten years ago a sound thrashing, I would much rather meet the me ten years from now. Although if he’s still battling the same issues I am, I’d probably give him a good hiding too! :p
8. Were you ever bullied in any way as a child? If so, how has it shaped you today?
Ummm…see the answers to (1), (3) and (7).
Basically the bullying/abuse I’ve received through my life has crippled my self-esteem, self-worth and ability to function on a day-to-day basis.
9. What is one fear you would like to overcome in your lifetime?
My social anxiety (which is basically a fear of anything involving social interaction and human contact!)
10. What is one food you haven’t tried yet that you would like to?
Kiwi fruit. It’s always kinda freaked me out.
11. Is it easier to forgive someone for the wrong they’ve done you or to seek forgiveness from someone who you’ve wronged in any way?
“To forgive is an act of compassion, Buffy. It’s not done because people deserve it, it’s done because they need it.” ~Giles
Whenever I think of the word forgiveness, I think of the above quote from the Buffy episode “I Only Have Eyes for You“. Personally, I think it’s a lot harder to forgive yourself for the wrongs you’ve done than it is to seek forgiveness or grant it to others. But to answer the question, I’d opt for the latter.
12. Let’s go random: What did you do for New Year’s Eve for the turn of the millennium?
The ‘ooo, the date changes to the year 2000’ turn of the millennium (which I spent sitting on the wall of a backpacker hostel watching the fireworks with three friends) or the ‘official’ turn of the millennium (which I spent losing my virginity :p)?
13. What else around here have you noticed?
That this question makes no sense, at least it doesn’t to my current slightly cranky/peeved off mood! :/
Hopefully I shall be in a more congenial mood next week! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday! :)