Previously, in Addy’s 101 Things that make me happy list:
Yesterday I delved into things related to women that make me happy. Today, I turn my attention to the hairier species…
70. Beards; (some) people may hate them, but they make me happy! :)
71. Any man who isn’t a MRE (Men’s Rights Extremists); because MREs are some of the most bileful, hate filled dickheads the human race has ever spawned.
72. Silly Boy’s Projects; has any woman ever taken on something so inane, utterly devoid of point or meaning yet so incredibly happy inducing?
73. Chest hair; I refer mainly to my chest hair rather than anyone elses. But chest hair in general is pretty awesome! :)
74. The male Scottish accent; I miss my Scottish brogue. Sniff. :(
…and, umm, without trying to appear sexist…they’re all the male-centric things I can come up with right now, so I’ll just resume being scattershot:
75. Pascal; the cutest chameleon ever put on celluloid!
76. George Mackay Brown; one of the most beautiful, poetic writers of all time.
77. Re-enacting my favourite scenes/characters whilst watching various films and television shows; utterly mad but utterly fun at the same time!
78. Drawing; I am utterly shocking at it, but between you and me, it does make me happy! :)
79. Daily Life; the section of The Age written from a female point-of-view, usually about issues specific to female representation and gender discrimination.
80. Snooker; the greatest sport in the history of the known universe. Bar none!
81. Actually, the sound that two snooker/pool balls make when they connect is one of the most blissful sounds in the galaxy!
82. “You’re not friends. You’ll never be friends. You’ll be in love til it kills you both. You’ll fight and you’ll shag and you’ll hate each other til it makes you quiver but you’ll never be friends. Love isn’t brains, children, it’s blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will…and I may be love’s bitch, but at least I’m man enough to admit it.”
83. Marshmallows; especially when burnt to a crisp over an open fire.
84. That even though I’m now really struggling with this list, I refuse to give up so close to the end!
85. Lasagne; because sometimes I just like to pretend I’m Garfield! :p
86. Dressing Up; who doesn’t like slipping on a costume and pretending to be someone else? It’s as much fun as your imagination will allow! :p
Tomorrow: With only fifteen things to go, will I make it to 101?