On the 24 May 2012 I wrote a blog post that looked at twenty-five things that make me happy. Following last week’s epiphany, I’ve decided to challenge myself to come up with 101 things that make me happy; for only by knowing what makes us happy can we hope to find happiness in the future.
For those who have forgotten/missed them (and to prevent any pesky repetitions) here are the original twenty-five things:
1. Charles de Lint
2. Jacket Potatoes (with butter, cheese, broccoli and cauliflower)
3. The Legend of Zelda
8. The female posterior
9. That moment you realize the book you’re holding is something special
10. The Virgin (Gustav Klimt)
12. The fact that so many people have become obsessed with 50 Shades of Grey…
13. Sleepy Lizards
14. James Kelman
15. Flannel Pyjamas
16. Flannel Pyjamas (being worn by a woman)
17. Shaun Micallef
21. Going Down Under
22. The Doctor Who Theme
23. To Write Love On Her Arms
And now, the list continues…
26. Lime; it’s such a shame that it will forever live in Lemon’s shadow!
27. Spelling mistakes; it always makes me smile when I’m reminded that editors are human too.
28. Roald Dahl; how I missed him from my initial twenty-five will forever confuse me! :p
29. The male posterior; because some of them make me realize I’m not so ugly after all! :)
30. Coconut rice; so much more exciting than normal rice. Unless you’re allergic to coconut, that is!
31. Frasier; one of the greatest and most consistent sitcoms ever made. Easily kicks Seinfeld’s ass!
32. Serena Ryder; there’s a reason she’s my favourite songsmith of all time!
33. Cycling; why drive when you can ride a bike? I just don’t understand why more people don’t.
34. Jenna Louise Coleman; the fact she reminds me of Sammi is just a bonus! :p
35. Masturbation; what? If this doesn’t make you happy, you’re doing it wrong! I prescribe practice! :p
Note: The placement of items (34) and (35) is purely coincidental!
Tomorrow: Writing, Callipos, Apostrophe Nazis and more…