Every Saturday there will be nine questions – sometimes they will be around a common theme, other times completely random – to be answered however we like.
1) Like the girl in this song, have you ever been in love with someone, but was afraid to tell them?
Oh hell yes! It’s kind of par-for-the-course with social anxiety, non-existent self-confidence and the firmly held belief you are the most inconsequential, irrelevant human being who has ever lived. :p
It’s hard, obviously, but something you get used to over time.
2) Taylor Swift has been known to write songs about her real-life lovers. If you were to write a song about the most recent person you were romantically involved with, what would the title be?
Stop Teasing (Light the Fire!)
3) Ms. Swift recently turned 23 and has already won VMAs and AMAs and Grammys. What were you doing when you were 23? (If you aren’t 23 yet, where do you see yourself when you hit it?)
When I was twenty-three, I was emigrating from my home in the UK to commence a new life in Australia. An event seen by many, including myself, as the biggest mistake I ever made.
4) When you were a child, did you sleep with a plush toy? (If yes, please include its name in your answer.)
I did, it was a white seal wearing a turquoise jumper, but for the life of me I can’t remember his name!
5) I’m making a Starbucks run. What can I get you?
Nothing, thanks. I’m not really a coffee or Starbucks fan! :)
6) It was 60 years ago that Clarence Birdseye first marketed frozen vegetables. Now it’s your turn: Share something you learned recently.
The first recorded use of the term ‘funny bone’ was in the (quite dreadful and doggerel) poem Bloudie Jack of Shrewsberrie, written in 1842. (“They have pull’d you down flat on your back! And they smack, and they thwack, Till your ‘funny bones’ crack”)
Also, although a female platypus has a pair of ovaries, only the left ovary is functional.
7) In junior high, were you class clown, teacher’s pet, a geek, a jock … or did you just melt into the background?
I oscillated between ‘just melt into the background’ and class ‘whipping boy’. The latter being someone people used to blame their shenanigans on or, from time to time, take their own stress/frustrations out on. Fun times!
8) Was your most recent ticket for parking illegally or was it a moving violation?
I don’t drive, so have never had a car-related ticket. The last ticket I got was for travelling on a train without a ticket; and the only reason I did something so naughty was because I had an appointment with a Mental Health service that I could not miss.
9) Tell us about the last museum you visited.
I honestly don’t remember. I tend to spend more time in Art Galleries than museums – mainly because the former are generally free where museums are not. It could possibly have been Inverness Museum, back in 2009, long since one of my favorites! :)