Welcome back to Sunday Stealing. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes.
The 5000 question meme has been tormenting bloggers for years. I have not found anyone that has completed it.
Maybe in 10 years or so we can get it done! :)
101. What does happiness/joy feel like physically?
I don’t remember what happiness feels like mentally, let alone physically.
If I ever feel this mythical emotion again, I’ll be sure to let you know what it feels like.
102. List five things you love starting with the one you love the absolute most.
Assisting others to achieve their dreams, hopes and desires.
Cunnilingus (What? I love this! :p)
Exhilarating, inspiring, well written, passionate writing (whether it be fiction or non-fiction)
What? I thought the letters meant we had to do them alphabetically! :p
103. How many movies have you gone to see this year?
I have seen only one film in the cinema this year and that was the disgrace that was The Hobbit.
Okay, perhaps ‘disgrace’ is too strong a word. Ian McKellen was magnificent (as always), Martin Freeman was a wonderful Bilbo, it was awesome seeing Sylvester McCoy (albeit in an unfairly derided role) and the visuals (although not as stunning as LOTR) were incredible. However, aside from the ‘Riddles in the Dark’ scene; it was overlong, overpopulated, tedious, boring and riddled with conflicting styles from one too many producers.
Other films I have seen this year are: Silver Linings Playbook (I didn’t jump on the Jennifer Lawrence bandwagon, I’ve been on it since I first saw Winter’s Bone years ago) and ummmmm…that’s about it. I can’t handle the cinema at the moment and I’ve been on a TV series kick the last couple of months.
104. If you could have 3 wishes…but none of them could be for yourself, what would you wish for?
1) That my sister receives the help she needs in order to become the amazing human being she has the power to become.
2) That the people I love and care about (including those from my past) live the long, happy, healthy, productive, awesome lives they deserve to have.
3) That the world becomes a more loving, caring and compassionate place – free of the sociopathic narcissistic behaviour we’ve been fostering for decades.
105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense?
Ummmm…I’m afraid I can’t really answer this now as yesterday I worked my ass off on next week’s Thursday Thirteen post, which happens to be on this very topic!
So check back on Thursday…mmmkay? :)
106. How much money would it take to get you to sell your blog address?
I would never consider selling my blog, not even for ten squillion dollars. I don’t do this for money (hence the complete lack of advertising on the blog) I do this for me.
There are always more important things in life than money.
107. Have you ever been hunting?
Nope. Never will be either.
108. Have you attempted this 5000 question meme in the past?
I’ve never heard of this magnificent meme until today.
However, to quote one of my favourite sitcoms…challenge accepted! ;)
109. What do you think of cloning?
It’s one of the most annoying and uninspired science-fiction tropes in the history of the genre.
As for in reality…why, just why?
110. Do you read or watch TV more often?
I probably read more than I watch TV because, as I have frequently mentioned in the past, I don’t receive television reception so am unable to watch anything on the hulking great beast that sits in the corner of my lounge room unless it’s played through a DVD player.
And that’s not watching TV, it’s watching a DVD, which is something completely different! :p
111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety?
I’m a socially isolated, mentally ill, (ex)homeless man…do you seriously think the world gives a rat’s ass about my rights, freedoms or safety!?
112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive?
Irrelevant question as the man is now dead.
But if he wasn’t?
I am not nor have never been a man driven by vigilante vengeance, so I would turn him over to the relevant authorities to decide punishment.
113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body?
What? It’s a closed yes/no question. It’s not asking for me to tell you what I’ve named my various body parts! Which is your loss…just think how much more interesting this answer could have been if someone learned how to ask questions properly! :p
114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV?
This question was in last week’s Sunday Stealing. Just saying.
115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes?
116. Have you ever won a contest or competition?
Throughout my life I’ve won only a handful of things:
1) Age 7: Three books for painting the local Church (or to clarify, for painting a picture of the local church).
2) Age 15: A book for entering a competition in Doctor Who Monthly (ergo, it’s not a leap to suggest the book was Doctor Who related!)
3) Age 16: Another book for entering a competition in Doctor Who Monthly (ditto!)
4) Age 20: The ‘most insane backpacker award’ for skulling a concoction made up of: beer, wine, whisky, vodka, coca-cola, milk, nuts, wood chippings, ash, cigarette butts and hair (it’s safe to say that I was completely drunk at the time and this wasn’t an actual award)
5) Age 27: $480 from a $1 stake on a pokie machine (I won the jackpot on the very first press of the button)
117. Have you ever watched The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross
(check out this link if you don’t know who he is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross_(painter)?)
I have never heard of this show nor of the allegedly famous host. I will however say…freaking awesome hair! I want me some of that! :p
118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grandparents did for a living?
Although I’m not 100% sure, I seem to remember my grand-father used to clean Nelson’s Column (the statue, not the entendre). I have no idea what my grand-mother, other grand-parents or great-grandparents did for a living.
So I will say they were demon-hunters and leave it at that!
119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history?
Other than the fact my great-grandparents spent their days (allegedly) hunting and slaying demons?
My grand-father once met Winston Churchill, one of my great-aunts spent the better part of her life in a psychiatric institution (courtesy of Post Natal Depression), one of my relatives fought at the battle of Culloden, one of my great-great-cousins was a school teacher (what? I find that interesting) and us Lake’s have infiltrated virtually every corner of the world; UK, US, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Russia, South America, New Zealand and China!
I can neither confirm nor deny whether this global infiltration has anything to do with a generations old plan for world domination.
120. Is there anyone you trust completely?
No. There is no-one I trust in this world, let alone trust completely. Trust leads to abuse which leads to pain…with a helluva lot of betrayal thrown in for good measure!