Every Saturday there will be nine questions – sometimes they will be around a common theme, other times completely random – to be answered however we like.
1) Do you owe anyone a phone call?
Probably. Ah well…I have no credit, they’ll have to wait! :p
2) Do you still have a landline phone?
If I could afford one, I would, as it would also give me access to landline internet instead of relying on dodgy (and crazy expensive) pre-paid mobile “broadband”.
But I can’t afford one, so I don’t.
3) When was the last time you looked up a number in the phone book?
I have absolutely no idea, so I’ll just say it was on the 30 April 2003 and hope no-one cross examines me on the subject!
4) Do you receive more calls or texts?
I receive very few phone calls because, you know, social isolation and all!
Thus, courtesy of the junk texts the phone company inundates me with, I definitely receive more texts than phone calls.
5) Carly Rae made the Final 3 on Canadian Idol. Can you name another cultural import from Canada?
There’s a Canadian Idol!? How did I not know this?
Anyway, as for cultural imports, we have Canada to thank for: Charles de Lint, Jason Priestly, Paul Gross, Rachel McAdams, John Candy, Elisha Cuthbert, Avril Lavigne, Bryan Adams, Rick Moranis, Sarah McLachlan, Thomas Wharton, Michael J. Fox, Don McKellar, Sarah Polley, Elias Koteas and Robin Sparkles. To name but a few! :)
6) Sam grew sick of this song by hearing it too often on the radio. Where do you listen to the radio most often? Car? Work? Somewhere else?
At home; it’s the only place I have access to the radio!
7) Mother Winters can work wonders with an iron and a can of spray starch. Every blouse and shirt she presses looks good as new. Is there a domestic chore you excel at?
Vacuuming. Which is really annoying as I don’t have a vacuum cleaner at the moment (damn you poverty!) so have to sweep the carpets instead.
This is not as much fun as it sounds! ;)
8) Do you consider yourself competitive?
…fingers crossed this will win me the award for ‘shortest Saturday 9 answer’ this week! ;)
9) Tell us your superhero name — as determined by the color of your shirt and an item to your right. For example, Crazy Sam now fights crime as The Light Blue Coffee Mug!
By day I am mild-mannered, socially anxious Addy…but by night I take to the streets to spank the criminal element and save small kittens in my crime fighting alter ego The Red Helmet!
Fear him! :p