Today’s WordPress Daily Prompt is:
Given I’ve been thinking recently of ending the blog, this isn’t a difficult choice at all; I would read other blogs and not write my own.
Being someone who often questions why he continues to write a blog, I’d much rather throw myself into the worlds of others than continue sharing my own. This way, I could keep up to date with news, current affairs, opinions, the occasional naughty photograph and the lives of others without having to worry about creating interesting post ideas, the continual embarrassment of sharing my existence so publicly and whether or not anyone is enjoying what I’ve written.
Granted, for a long time this blog has been my only therapy. It has been there when no-one else was, helped me through difficult and painful experiences and provided solace when all felt lost. But if I didn’t write this blog I could still achieve this release through journals without having to bother anyone with my meandering, soul-searching ramblings.
There is also Twitter, which although far from a safe place, could offer the chance to micro-blog my pain and continue my quest to raise awareness of the things society prefers not to talk about.
So all up, this choice is simple, but the choice over whether I should end the blog in reality is a lot more complicated.
Until I’ve decided, I’ll just continue with the best of both worlds.
Other interpretations of the theme:
- Daily Prompt; Morton’s Fork/The Daily Post (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Morton’s Fork – BLOGGER VS. AUDIENCE (ladyboymirror.com)
- Daily Prompt: Hobson’s Choice (writinglikeastoner.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Morton’s Fork (smallgrl.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Hobson’s Choice (kansamuse.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Morton’s Fork (nilaewhite.wordpress.com)