Throughout my life I’ve won only a handful of things:
1) Age 7: Three books for painting the local Church (or to clarify, for painting a picture of the local church).
2) Age 15: A book for entering a competition in Doctor Who Monthly (ergo, it’s not a leap to suggest the book was Doctor Who related!)
3) Age 16: Another book for entering a competition in Doctor Who Monthly (ditto!)
4) Age 20: The ‘most insane backpacker award’ for skulling a concoction made up of: beer, wine, whisky, vodka, coca-cola, milk, nuts, wood chippings, ash, cigarette butts and hair (it’s safe to say that I was completley drunk at the time and this wasn’t an actual award)
5) Age 27: $480 from a $1 stake on a pokie machine (I won the jackpot on the very first press of the button)
Now, courtesy of the wonderful blogger Slightly Manic Mummy (officially my favourite blogging nickname ever!) I can add the Sunshine Award to this esteemed list.
To say it made my day would be an understatement. Whenever I write my rambling words I always hope they will inspire others, so to know they do is deeply touching, especially at a time when my mood is a bit ‘weird’.
So a massive thank you to Slightly Manic Mummy for nominating me and putting a smile on this slightly insane man’s face :)
As with all awards, the Sunshine Award comes with a few rules:
♥ Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
♥ Answer 10 questions about yourself
♥ Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers
♥ Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
♥ Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Favorite color: Purple (and red, I do like a nice shade of red)
Favorite animal: Turtle.
Favorite number: Sorry, I don’t have a favourite number.
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Tea (preferably Green or Peppermint)
Prefer Facebook or Twitter? I despise Facebook and deleted my account years ago; these days, I’m an occasional Tweeter.
My passion: Creativity; Writing; Photography; Art; Standing up for my beliefs; and seeing the beauty in the world.
Prefer getting or giving presents: Giving. I’ve always been a giver. In fact, I’ve been abused for giving people too many presents.
Favorite pattern: Swirls.
Favorite day of the week: I don’t really have one. When you’re homeless every day becomes the same as every other and I’m still in that mind set. It’s also called boredom.
Favorite flower: Cacti.
There are many bloggers out there who bring sunshine to my life. Here (in no particular order) are the ten who inspire me the most
♥ Restless Vagabond ♥
♥ Pride in Madness ♥
♥ Far from Paradise ♥
♥ The Curse of the Single Parent ♥
♥ My Crazy Bipolar Life ♥
♥ Bits n Books ♥
♥ The Bipolar Place ♥
♥ Buckwheatsrisk ♥
♥ Voices of Glass ♥
♥ Just Live Life Laugh and Love ♥
Each and every one of the above bloggers are beautiful, wonderful, inspiring, and legendary in every conceivable way. Check them out :)