Sunday Stealing originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes.
As this is my first attempt at Sunday Stealing, and I arrive midway through an epic 88 question meme, I’ve decided to fill you all in on all the answers thus far. Hence the quick responses as otherwise we’d be here all day!
Alrighty? Here we go…
The 88 Meme (Part 1)
1. What type questions do you hate on a meme?
The do you prefer this or that style questions annoy the bejesus out of me!
2. If you married the last person you texted, what would your last name be?
What it has always been, given society’s belief that it should be women who change their last names. Personally, I’d change my surname if I got married, if only to give society’s gender issues the slap on the ass they most definitely need.
3. Were you happy when you woke up today?
Absolutely. I had a kick ass dream last night, the best of 2012 (thus far!) It was a hybrid of Suits, Mad Men, Life on Mars and Crownies. I was a cocky down-to-earth genius who blagged his way into working at a journalistic organization despite having no qualifications and references. There were time-bubbles we kept falling into that sent us back to the past, an arrogant know-it-all who became my nemesis, a lookalike who had a crush on me (what? It’s my dream!) and a woman who became immediately suspicious of my being at the organization as she knew me from the past and became a keeper of my secret, even though she hated my guts and wished I were dead. The dream only ended when I got shot in the buttocks trying to protect this woman and her young daughter from a spree killer.
4. When were you on the phone last? And with who?
Last week, wishing my dad a Happy Father’s Day.
5. Who are you excited for?
Umm….my brother and his wife, who will shortly be having their second child :)
7. Honestly, who was the last person to tell you they love you?
My last girlfriend, some four years ago. I’m not a person most people love; I’m too weird and eccentric.
8. What’s the last thing you put in your mouth?
A pen. I nibble pens when I’m nervous.
9. Have a best friend?
I have no friends, period. Not even a best friend.
10. Were you ever or are you scared to fall in love?
I am terrified of falling in love following an abusive relationship that destroyed my life. I doubt I ever will again.
11. Do you think teenagers can be in love?
Lust, yes. Love, absolutely not.
12. Last person you wanted to punch in the face?
I’m not a violent man. Sorry. Although dream me wanted to punch the arrogant know-it-all! (See 3 above)
13. What time is it right this second?
14. What do you want right now?
Vegemite on toast.
15. Who was the last person you took a picture with?
My last girlfriend, some four years ago. I’m not a photogenic person, and as we’ve previously established, if I’m too weird and eccentric for anyone to love me, why would they want their picture with me?
16. Are you single/taken/heartbroken/or confused?
Single, heartbroken and deeply confused about numerous things.
17. When was the last time you cried?
On Thursday, whilst writing this unsent letter to an old friend who committed suicide.
18. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
I believe I do.
19. Do you find it hard to trust others?
I learnt the hard way that you should never trust anybody. They will stab you in the heart with pitchforks and wooden spoons the moment you do anything against their desires.
20. How fast does your mind change?
Only with education and research does my mind change, so however long that takes.
21. I bet you miss somebody right now. Who is it?
The person who cropped up in my dream that I knew in the past. No doubt, why she popped up in my dream.
22. Can you honestly say you’re okay right now?
I cannot. I have not been okay for at least half a decade.
23. Why do you think so many people cheat?
Because they’re weak minded individuals who think only of their own pleasure and life.
24. Tell me what’s on your mind?
. Loneliness. Self-hatred. Vegemite on toast. Karen Gillan. What to do next. Wombats. Karen Gillan.
25. What are you looking forward to in the next three months?
Nothing. Or death, that’s something I kind of always look forward to, in a darkly oh, finally some peace way.
26. Have you ever worn the opposite sex’s clothing?
I have. Once in a production of Cinderella in primary school; I rocked the school with my Ugly Sister. Once when I accidentally picked up my sister’s underwear in a rush to get dressed for school. And once…actually, we’ll leave that out. Far too embarrassing.
25. When did you last talk to your BFF?
See 9 above. And stop rubbing it in. It’s bloody painful to be so alone all the time.
28. When is your next road trip?
29. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell anything to?
See 9 and 25 above. And please, for my sanity and safety, stop rubbing it in!
30. How’s your heart?
31. Have you ever felt like you weren’t important?
I don’t just feel it, I know I’m not important. Hence the no friends, lack of love etc. etc. etc.
32. Do you think somebody’s secretly in love with you?
Absolutely not. As I said, I’m too weird and eccentric for people to love me.
33. What are you planning on doing after this?
Not sure yet. Perhaps listen to the radio, read the newspaper or write something for my blog.
34. Last time you yelled at someone?
I’m not a yelling man. Although dream me did yell at the arrogant know-it-all and several other people in my dream. So perhaps I bury my yelling in an unhealthy, passive-aggressive sort of way.
35. Have you told anybody you loved them today?
36. Who do you not get along with?
37. What does your most recent text say?
It was about three years ago, and my mind can’t remember things like that.
38. What are you wearing right now?
39. You’re locked in a room with the person you last kissed in high school, how is it?
Empty. I didn’t kiss anyone in High School so it would just be me in a room dreaming of all the kisses that could have been if anxiety hadn’t ruled my life. Put in the person I wanted to kiss…well, that would be rather fun, I’m sure.
40. When’s the last time you had a grilled cheese?
I can’t remember the last time I had cheese; it’s far too expensive for poverty-stricken me.
41. What’s your favorite boy and girl name?
I wrote about this in a previous post, which you’re welcome to check out, should you feel up to it.
42. How did you feel when you woke up?
We’ve already covered this (see 3 above).
43. Do you wish someone would call or text you right now?
Always. But I know they won’t.
44. Do you think Clint Eastwood would have been better talking to a table?
I think he should have just re-considered his whole ill-advised routine.
45. What were you doing yesterday at midnight?
Writing a blog post called Naïve is something I am not. It will be posted soon.
46. What are your LEGAL initials?
47. Who’s the first B in your contacts?
As mentioned, I have no contacts.
48. When was the last time you laughed really hard?
Whilst watching Dinosaurs on a Spaceship about two hours ago. Specifically Amy’s reactions to the threat Safari Lestrade gave Nefertiti, the fact Rory’s Dad carry’s a trowel everywhere he goes, Amy’s sublime “I’m easily worth two men. You can help too if you like.” line and…well, pretty much the whole episode really!
49. Your number 1 top friend walks out of your life, do you go after them?
Yes, in theory – but alas, I fear the social anxiety and the fact I’m an arsehole would get in the way.
50. Explain your last awkward moment?
I feel awkward whenever I go outside. I explained it in this post about social anxiety :)
51. Are you afraid of the dark?
No. I love the dark. Unless there are spiders in the dark, in which case, hell yes!
52. Do you have good vision?
I’m as blind as a bat without my glasses.
53. Have you ever tripped someone?
Yes. Just for fun.
54. Have you ever slapped someone?
Yes. For fun and for a scene in a short film I made once upon a time.
55. Are you Irish?
I am not. I’m Scottish. Sort of.
56. Do you use chap stick?
I used to, but these days my chap sticking days are over. Too expensive for poor little ole me.
57. Do you have any scars?
Several. I don’t really want to talk to them.
58. Is there someone you will never forgive?
Yes. Absolutely, resoundingly, positively and several other adverbs, YES!
59. Are you dating the person you last held hands with?
I am dating no-one. Sniff.
60. Name the last person to text you?
Didn’t I answer this whilst writing the questions I missed earlier?
61. Would you marry someone 8 years older than you?
Yep. The only thing that matters is who the person is, not how old, how rich, how attractive to society etc.
62. Can you go in public looking like you do?
63. Have you ever kissed someone whose name started with a A?
Nope. I seem to be drawn to Js and Ss.
64. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Right. Always the right.
65. What’s the first thing you’ll do on your wedding day?
Open my eyes.
66. Do you fall for people easily?
Absolutely! Someone once told me I loved with my whole heart. What other way to love is there? Duh.
67. Has anyone put their arms around you in the past 5 days?
Nope. No-one’s put the arms on, around or anywhere near me for over three years.
68. Do you miss the way things used to be?
Every day. A cursory glance around this blog will reveal this, so it should come as no surprise to anyone.
The final part of this meme will arrive next week…
- Sunday Thievery: Another Meme from “Sunday Stealing” (kamikazeegirl.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Stealing: The 88 Meme, Parte Uno (smellyann.typepad.com)
- Sunday Stealing: The 88 Meme, Parte Dos (smellyann.typepad.com)